Stuff 'n' Nonsense

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

This poem was written while Josiah was having chemo. I know, it doesn't exactly rhyme. Even though he's better now, it still makes me cry.

written March 1, 2005
by me (Kayla)

It's the first day of March
And the grass is green
The flowers are blooming
And on the trampoline
Outside
There's three kids
One's my litle sister
Cute as she can be
One's my oldest brother
(Though he's younger than me)
But the last one makes me want to cry
Because I'm so, so happy inside
If you could see him you would understand
Because he's got no hair
Though he's only ten
And the stitches on his forehead
Are no accident
And it's only been three hours since the last time he went
To the hospital
For chemo
And to see him out there
Makes me want to cry
Because I'm so very happy inside
And I ask the Lord every night
Please....please let him be alright
And he is

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home